The NSDA LD Wording Committee has confirmed the topics for the 2014-2015 season below. This list will begin to be used starting in November.
1. The “right to be forgotten” from internet searches ought to be a civil right.
2. Just governments ought to ensure food security for their citizens.
3. Just governments ought to require that employers pay a living wage.
4. Sin taxes are just.
5. Historic preservation is a legitimate constraint on property rights.
6. United States foreign policy ought to value women’s rights over the pursuit of its economic interests when the two conflict.
7. Justice requires reparations to Black Americans.
8. Inaction in the face of injustice makes an individual morally culpable.
9. Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States should be subject to term limits.
10. Adolescents ought to have the right to make autonomous medical choices.
The LD Topic Committee at NSDA Nationals has narrowed their proposed list to 24 topics, and is asking for commentary and feedback before producing the final ballot.
The topic committee wraps up their work over the next day or so, so the sooner you can get your comments in, the better.